Sunday, August 23, 2009


Last week was my first week as a full time employee in a very. long. time. Technically, when I went to work for Wal-Mart, I was a part time employee pulling full time hours. Seems to be a norm for that place. Anyhoo, when I left, I was down to working part time hours because of school. So it's been almost five years since I worked a full time job and that was only for a few months. And I survived. Actually I did more than survive. I thrived! I picked up on quite a bit of stuff and got my first paycheck on Friday. I'm actually excited! Friday evening, I was gonna cook hot dogs, and have a picnic in the living room with the kids. We went out instead. I was tired, didn't feel too swift and felt that they had earned a night out. We went out for chicken, picked up Race to Witch Mountain and came home to settle down. They enjoyed the movie, and didn't really argue when I said time for bed.

Saturday was a totally different day. Saturday, I felt horrible. I would've love to have spent the entire day sitting in a hot bath, I hurt that bad. Wouldn't you know, that's just not possible. So we went shopping. Mom and Dad had gotten me a gift card for Christmas and I had used it once to buy a pair of jeans. So I figured it was time to buy a couple of new tops that I could wear to work. So we headed north, stopped by Books-A-Million, Petsmart, Lifeway and the mall. Then we headed over to Wal-mart and out to dinner. By the time we were finished, I was spent. We came home, gave the kids baths and I settled down for one. Then Hubby and I both crashed.

This morning, I felt somewhat better. Not 100%, but much better than yesterday. Hubby got up this morning asking me what was the wise idea I had about knocking him around during the night. I had wondered if I had stirred him enough for him to remember it. Hubby had slipped onto his back during the night, and his breathing wasn't exactly a snore but wasn't breathing either. I finally started pushing on him, trying to get him to roll over so that he would sleep better. It took a lot of effort to stir him enough to roll him over but I succeeded! I was also up a while after that, too. He spent the day fussing at me because I interrupted his wonderful sleep that he was having. Of course the fact that he wasn't awake more than 60 seconds was irrelevant!

When we finally got moving this morning, I went to work on the kitchen that I had neglected and Hubby started mowing the yard. I stepped outside to talk to him and he small piece of concrete flying through the air. We both thought it had hit the house because of the sound, but a short time later, Hubby came in and let me know he did indeed break something. The back window on my van was shattered. So for the moment, I have a nice piece of black plastic covering the backside of my van until we get everything situated so that I can get a new window. Fun! I finished mowing the backyard before supper while Hubby took the time to delicately cover the window. This evening, I finished the kitchen, can't count the amount of laundry I've washed, and gave the dogs baths. Now I'm ready to crash and I'd better do it soon, because I've got to work tomorrow!

No comments: