Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cranky

We are planning on an overnight trip tomorrow to see DH's sisters and step-dad. I have been washing laundry part of the day and most of the evening, partly so I can be sure we have clothes to wear and the other part is so that I don't have as much to do when we get home. Basically, there is always a load of laundry to be done in this house at any given time and I do my best to try to keep up. Each night during the week, DH and I talk, until his headset gives up because the batteries have died or I'm so tired I have to go to bed. Tonight was one of those nights his headset died while I was changing clothes over from the washer to the dryer.

"Get you some sleep, dear, so you're not cranky tomorrow."

"I don't get cranky because I'm tired."

"Get you some sleep, dear, so you're not cranky tomorrow."

"I only get cranky because the kids do something stupid that ticks me off because they know better than to pull the stunts they pull."

"Good night, dear."

In all fairness, I don't get cranky when I'm tired, I get weepy so plthhhhh. Oh, and we're not leaving until at least 10am so I have plenty of time to sleep in tomorrow morning so that the laundry piles can reproduce and call my name while we're gone. It's gonna be a long weekend.

No comments: