Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mrs. Weasley I'm Not

I mentioned in another post that we went to Evansville a couple of weeks back and got the kids halloween costumes. Older Son had to pick out a costume that would allow him freedom to play his violin, since he has a halloween concert coming up Monday, costume required. He decision was to be Harry Potter. Again. We got his robe and wand but still need to get his glasses. Of course, Wal-Mart does do not carry just HP glasses. So off to the next town we go to Halloween Express. There we hit the jackpot. Not only did they have his glasses but they also had the tie, scarf and the kit to create a HP scar. But ya know, I am not about to pay $20 for a tie, $20 for a scarf and another $15 for a make up kit when you know all the kids want is the sticker scar. DH has plenty of ties for the boy to choose from, and I can buy a cheap make up kit from wal-mart and create a scar but the scarf was something else. I've known how to crochet but I've never knitted, don't even own knitting needles. Now I'm not saying I wouldn't like to give it a try, I would. But at this point I was a little time crunched to be learning knitting techniques to get a scarf completed by Monday evening. So off to Wal-mart I went (again) and paid $4 for gold and maroon colored yarns. I finished the actual crocheting last night, washed it, and put the fringes on it today and to my surprise, my hand HURTS. Or actually my pinky finger and ring finger ache. This is one of those times I would love to have the powers to point at a pair of knitting needles and have a scarf created from my own thoughts. Instead I have this....
We'll see what he thinks soon...


No comments: