Monday, October 8, 2007

An Eventful Weekend

Every year, Evansville, Indiana holds a "fall festival". Basically it's this huge fair with booths, food, and of course rides that covers many blocks down town. Both of my sisters-in-law live there so this year we made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Evansville and took the kids to the festival. While on the trip, I had to have music, of course, and my radio skills can rival that of a man with the remote tv remote control. If there is not a good song playing or the station is airing their many commercials, I station search. And search. And search. I find a good country station and "Red Neck Yacht Club" is just starting, so I have to stop. Before the song gets started good, DH turns down the radio and asks the kids, "What song is this?"

"This Sucks."

Now ya know I don't think I've ever come across a song by the title of "this sucks" and in all fairness he was not trying to say the song actually sucked. They all got a lesson that if they are not sucking through a straw or something to that effect, then this sucks had best not leave the mouths of any of them. But it was still funny.

No comments: