Sunday, September 7, 2008

More Firsts and a Surprise

Belle cheered at her first football game yesterday. Both the beginning and older teams won their games and the girls seemed to have a good time. I didn't get a picture of her in her uniform prior to the game because we were literally racing out the door to get her there on time. Hubby tried to get a picture of her when we got back only for me to find that the memory card had ejected itself from its slot when the boys knocked the camera off my lap at the game. Of course the pictures he took didn't save. I will be getting a picture of her next Saturday unless she comes home tomorrow from school pictures wearing her uniform. In that case, I'll be getting her then.Brady went to a birthday party yesterday and jumped off a diving board for the first time. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to capture this event (just as I wasn't there to capture Bryce's first time either). He has talked about it non-stop since he came home this morning. That and the fact he ate shrimp at a chinese restaurant and he liked it. He's evening pining for Hubby to come home and ask who wants chinese for supper so that he can say "I do! I do!" and request that we eat at the restaurant instead of bringing it home like we usually do.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was in the market for dishes (at the time). I never did go about buying any and have just been watching to see if the ones I liked would go on sale. Just so happens that our local Wal-Mart is remodeling and marked the set on sale. They were over half off! I happened to mention (ok i was griping!!!) to my neighbor last week that they had finally put the darn things on sale but unfortunately my budget would just not budge right now for any extras. To my surprise, she picked up the last set they had and gave them to me as a thank you gift. To say I was shocked was an understatement.
I loved the color of these dishes. They have a more yellow tone to them they they show here but I thought they gave off a warm feeling. Thanks could not express my gratitude to her enough. Thanks again MA!

No comments: