Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Little Gardener and a Mouse

Brady came inside from playing today to show me the flower he picked. He was so proud of this flower because it still had the roots attached! So we needed to put it somewhere and fast because it could die. So I patiently told him that it was a very pretty purple flower, that I loved him for picking it, but it was a pretty purple weed that didn't need to be replanted. I told him that he could put it in the cup on the table with water in it. I assumed he did just that and went on about my way of cooking supper. A few minutes later, he came back inside and could barely contain his excitement. "Mom, come look!"

"Look at what, Brady?"

"Come look at what I did!"

So I followed him out beside the carport where I found this:

"I planted it in this potting soil so that it could grow!" Wonderful. Just what I need, more weeds. So I told him what a good job he did after he let me know that he even watered it.

I had to run a few errands today which included reading with a student, lunch with Mom and picking up a few things from Wal-Mart. Belle is going on a field trip tomorrow and I needed to pick up a few things for her lunch that I've got to pack for her. While I was there, I picked up a mouse toy for Zeus. Now I hate mice with a passion. I won't touch one, have one, mess with one, but I will scream at one. This mouse looks like a real grey mouse, not considering the pink tail and ears, and even squeaks like one. It was a big hit:


(Ignore the carpet, I'm looking for some I like so it really needs a good cleaning.) If you notice the top right corner of the top right picture, you will see a nice big masking tape "X" on the floor. That is the spot where the kids must stand when batting on the Wii. There is another "X" to match a few feet away to prevent the pitcher from being hit by the batter and to prevent the batter from breaking out my two front windows. I tried putting the kids in certain places but they kept getting closer to each other and my windows until I finally marked them a set spot. They're usually pretty good about returning to it. Here are a few pictures from a "family Wii night" we had a few nights back (Hubby was still in his truck):


I believe Bryce took that very flattering picture of me. They had just gotten out of the shower so Belle's hair had naturally dripped all over her sweatshirt.

This week has been a long, difficult week (principal's office should be enough to demonstrate just a fraction of this long week). Belle has to be at school at 6:45am tomorrow to leave on her trip and she will not be back until 7pm. Looks like an early bedtime for us tomorrow is in order.

No comments: