Thursday, May 22, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

If my blogging this week hasn't already shown that the kids have been keeping me busy then I'll just tell you. The kids have been keeping me busy. They've been playing with neighbors all week long as well as bugging me. Yesterday and today I played Uno Spin with them. I took them to the grocery yesterday and survived. Monday was so busy, that I didn't even get the opportunity to check the blogs I like to read until Tuesday. Yesterday I washed my van in preparation for a trip to Nashville that we were supposed to be making on Saturday. A trip, I found out after I washed the van, that we were not going to be able to take because Hubby was headed to Los Angeles and wouldn't be back in time to take it. But that's ok, because now I have a clean van regardless of the trip.

Then there was today.

Today started off rough. Belle spilled milk all over the kitchen floor first thing this morning. She mopped it up with a towel (that I had to wash before it soured). I got her to unload the dishwasher so that I could load the breakfast dishes in it. Not an hour after Belle spilled the milk, Brady decided he wanted to have some lemonade. Instead of asking for help before trying to lug the gallon pitcher (the newly made pitcher) he got it out. And spilled it. I had to clean out the refrigerator and mop the floor. Have I mentioned how much I hate mopping? So I stalled. I washed a couple of loads of laundry. I played a game with the kids. I washed out the fridge and loaded the dishwasher. I even changed the litter pan since I was going to have to mop under it anyway. As I was starting to sweep and get ready to mop, I heard a knock on the door. Mom stopped by on her way home from work and offered to take the kids. I met her a short time later at Wal-Mart (after she picked up a few groceries), gave her the kids, dropped some clothes off at Goodwill and came home to quiet. The kids have taken their trip to Chez Memaw as I spend some time to myself. Have I mentioned that I signed up for blockbuster online and my first three DVD's came in today? Oh that's right. I've been busy with the kids. So tonight I'm going to sit down and watch the first two discs of Brothers and Sisters. I'm going to watch the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. I'm going to enjoy the clean kitchen floor knowing that the kids aren't here to spill something on it now that I've mopped. And I'm not going to worry about arguing, supper, breakfast and bedtime. Then tomorrow I will worry about the hot dogs and roasted marshmallows they're having for supper. Tomorrow I'll worry about the ice cream, pancakes, pop tarts and popsicles while being glad that they're eating most of them tonight.

Tonight, I'm going to be me.

No comments: