Friday, May 9, 2008

The Past Revisited

At the end of last week, I started receiving notes from the kids art teacher that they were going to tie-dye one day this week. We could send t-shirts, socks and/or handkerchiefs for them to work with. So when I on my weekly grocery shopping trip, I picked up three white shirts for the kids to use. Bryce dyed his on Monday while Brady and Belle dyed theirs on Wednesday. I washed them yesterday so that they could wear them to school today. When we were in school, we never got the opportunity to tie-dye things. Our school had a kiln and we made pottery instead. I would've loved the opportunity to tie-dye a shirt, but I had to buy one instead. Chances are the one I bought came out a whole lot better than the one I would've made, but it still would've been fun to try.

No comments: