Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Effects of Daylight Savings

Today has been one of those odd days all the way around. The kids were out of school because of election day. Technically they called it a mandatory teacher's day but it's always held on election day. It is also the day that the weather decided to turn off cold. Winter cold. So the kids have watched movies, played nintendo, and played outside for a short time. Granted I hated the fact that electronics dominated the most of their time today, but the way my head feels, they'll get over it. It's not like the whole day was shot. Daughter has worked on her cartwheel today and Younger Son mastered climbing a tree without a boost from his sister. About 5:45, Daughter decided she was going outside.

"I'm going outside to work on my cartwheels."

My response was, "No you're not."

"No, I 'm going outside to work on them."

"No, you're not."

"Why?"

"Because it's dark outside."

"No it's not."

So she opens the door and looks out. "Told ya so."

"The sky is still blue."

"Yeah. Dark blue." That's my child.

No comments: