Monday, October 6, 2008

Dancing Pig, Dancing and More

I have been stalling. Every year, the music teacher at the kids school puts on two productions other than the usual Christmas show. One production is usually done at the end of the year for the sixth graders that are exiting. The other production is done around the end of the first quarter for the third graders. This year was Brady's year to do the third grade production. I was hoping that the school would get the pictures up on their website before I made my post because I only got one picture of the play. I video taped the rest with our camcorder. Unfortunately they didn't get the pictures up and this was the only still picture I've got of him.Brady told me he had a line in the play. Even told me what the line was. What he didn't tell me is that he had a duet with another pig as well as a dance solo. The kids did a wonderful job and my biased self is very proud of Brady. He did a great job!

I got pictures of Belle in her uniform taken about a week and a half ago so that I could post it.Of course the following week she got her picture that we ordered from the photographers the school hired.The same weekend that I got her pictures back, she did a dance routine with her squad during halftime of her game. She was excited to be going out onto the field. The routine was cute and well rehearsed given the amount of time they have actually had to practice.

The kids also got their school pictures back the same week.Belle hated hers and wanted them redone. Apparently they took one picture before they said smile so they took a second and this was the first picture. I refused to have it redone since it looked perfectly fine to me. Brady wanted his redone as well. He hated that he had that nice burn next to his eye from the trampoline fall the night before. I think it just shows how active he is and tells a story for people that see it.

We have been trying to clean up damage from the winds. The tree behind Belle in her cheerleading uniform is no longer standing. We knew the tree was in bad shape from a few of the knots on it so Hubby finally got his chainsaw out and brought the entire tree down just over a week ago. Sections of the center of the tree were rotten so we felt it was best to go ahead and control bringing the tree down rather than run the risk of it falling and causing damage to our house or the neighbors. After moving two loads of limbs and timber to the back yard so we can burn it later, Hubby decided he needed to "till" up the area where the pool will be.
The kids had a blast watching this show that he put on. The neighbors across the street enjoyed the show as well. Hubby was proud of himself when he finally put the truck up for the night.

We've been busy trying to get things set up for the insurance company so that maybe we can get our roof fixed. We received a call letting us know that we needed estimates and pictures brought to the office to expedite the claim. Trying to find a contractor that could/would do the job was frustrating all on its own. We had one contractor tell us that to do the estimate would be $100 unless he got the job then it would be free. Another told us that because of all the storm damage, he's busy and wasn't coming to our town. Wish someone had told our town that we didn't get any damage that needed to be fixed because apparently no one here got the memo. Before we could get more than one estimate, the adjusters for the insurance company showed up, took the pictures themselves and said they'd put everything in the file. Um. Ok. So we wait.

The kids are on fall break this week. They have already decided they needed to take advantage of this break by asking to spend the night with Memaw and Pepaw last Friday night. And they did. Since Mom and Dad had plans to go to a festival on Saturday morning, they dropped the kids off earlier than usual. They also decided that since the kids really didn't get to spend much time with them this past weekend, they intend on picking them up again on Thursday and letting them spend the night then as well. That means that Hubby and I had a night to ourselves this past Friday (and rented 88 Minutes) and that I will get a night to recoup on Thursday. I'm impatiently waiting.

Tonight, I went to tell Hubby about something and as soon as it started to come out of my mouth, it left my mind. I had no clue what I was about to tell him or what it had to deal with. So he informs me, that according to Bill Cosby, usually as soon as you sit down you remember what it was you were going to do so that you should grab your behind to remember. That's when I informed it that it was sad that I stood up at the exact moment the thought left my mind. Unfortunately, when I sat back down, I still didn't remember what I was saying. Maybe I'll remember it tomorrow.

No comments: