Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All in the Family

At least a couple of times a week, I talk to Mom around supper time and she will tell me what her and Daddy are having. A good bit of the time, my response is "Ewwwww!" and Daddy is usually pretty good about judging when that will be my response. Tonight, I had to go to Mom's house for a few minutes. I was expecting them to go to church and not being able to stay long, but unfortunately Daddy worked late they missed church. So we had dinner with them. Mom fixed chicken strips because she knew it was something the kids would eat but when she told Dad what she was fixing, he wrinkled his nose. So she offered to fix something else, with him turning down everything. So she fixed him a hamburger anyway.

He came to the kitchen when she called him for supper, he was surprised to find a burger. "I told you I'd eat chicken."

Mom responded with, "I saw you turn your nose up."

And I countered with, "Now you know where I get it!" which elicited a grin out of him. I knew it wasn't just me!

No comments: