Sunday, November 23, 2008

Clean Your Room!

If I heard that phrase once growing up I heard it a thousand times. My room was very seldom clean when I lived at home. If I had friends coming to stay, then it might get cleaned. It might not. Now that I'm an adult, my room hasn't really improved. I admit that I am now responsible for much more than just my room. There's laundry to be done, floors to be mopped, bathrooms to be cleaned but last night and today?

I cleaned my room.

Don't get me wrong. It's still cluttered. Everything that doesn't have a place in the rest of the house usually ends up back there. As of tonight, you could walk through the room without tripping. Or having to step over mountains of debris. Or risk losing something just to make your way to the closet. It's straightened and you can walk without risking life and limb to do so. And now I can breathe.

No comments: