Monday, November 24, 2008

Sickness

Brady got up yesterday morning and climbed in bed with me like he has been the last few weeks. Only yesterday, he started to complain that he didn't feel real well. And he seemed to complain at times that he needed to be doing something. Like hanging his clothes in his closet. Or putting them away in his drawer. So imagine my surprise when he did get sick a little later in the day. He spent all day not being able to hold anything down, causing me to make a last minute trip to Wal-Mart for 7-up, jello and popsicles, none of which would stay on his stomach. Finally about 11:30 last night, he held down a couple of sips of 7-up and went back to bed.

This morning, I was shocked to find him climbing in bed with me. I had made sure when I put them to bed that the alarm wasn't set because I knew that I wasn't sending him to school today. He set it last night when he got his midnight drink and I never knew it because I didn't put him back to bed. He went back by himself. I let him know that he wasn't going to school and regretted that decision almost as soon as the bus ran. He had so much energy! He was eager to play the Wii but refused to eat a piece of toast because that's what made him sick yesterday. I felt better about keeping him home though when he complained his stomach was aching a bit after lunch.What I didn't capture was him jumping up and down because he scored a goal on his game. I wish I had his energy, even on a sick day.

No comments: