Rules for Mom of the Year Award:
(1) Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
I hate that I wear my heart on my sleeve a lot of times. Because of this, my kids often know how I feel about the way they are being treated in certain situations or how I feel about how their "friends" are treating them. Then I ache because I can't protect them. I put them on a bus each and every day, send them to school to face things that I hated facing as a child. I spend the day with that nagging in the back of my mind, the worry of how they are doing. Are they being bullied (Bryce mainly), is things going well in their classes and are their so called friends doing things that friends should not be doing. Then I breathe a sigh of relief when they walk through the door and I find that the day went as it should. Today.
(2) Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
I love how each kid has their own look. Three different hair colors, three different eye colors, three different skin tones. It amazes me how three siblings can be so different.
I love that Brady is a cuddler, even at 8 years old.
I love that Bryce can empathize with others even though he's at that "tough" eleven years old.
I love that Belle is coming out her shell and is becoming a strong social person.
I love that all three kids love music, something both their Dad and I love.
I love bowling, miniature golfing, or walking with the kids. Their excitement is contagious.
Even though it was very stressful, I enjoyed being able to "camp" out in the living room with the kids, especially during Ike. They were excited about a camp out and it was fun to watch their excitement.
(3) Send this to five other Mom's Of The Year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
I only have two other Moms that I follow that follow me as well and they are so deserving!
1. Janjanmom at All in a Day's Work - Anyone who can raise three girls and homeschool definitely has my vote!
2. Jennifer at Daily Diatribes - It takes a special type of person who can be a good mother and put a great spin on parenting to make it funny!