Thursday, April 30, 2009


I wish I could say that I have a good excuse for not having a blog topic for yesterday but I don't. I spent yesterday babysitting what felt like most of the day. Little Man got here just after 7am and was here until 4:30. Then I immediately got in the car, drove to the middle school and picked up Bryce and his buddy, who was here until just after 6. I can't say that it was a tough day because it honestly wasn't. Little Man was great. We played, giggled, napped, and ate two big meals (him not me). The entire time he was here, I did not see one tear. After Bryce's buddy was picked up, I ran to get supper in the oven, the kids fed, bathed and in bed by 8. I talked to Hubby until he went to bed a short time later and I watched two episodes of Ghost Whisperer from season two that had come in from Blockbuster last week. I was in bed by 10:30!! I was ready for sleep!! Only sleep didn't come. I tossed and turned until well after 12.

It was 3am when Belle came into my room this morning and I really wasn't deeply asleep. I knew she came. I looked up at saw her shape and dropped back on my pillow struggling because I really didn't want to be up. I wanted to sleep, but I forced myself to stop and ask her why she was up to find out that she was sick. Her supper had come up and she was letting me know. So she went back to her bed and every ten minutes for the next hour she came back into my room to let me know she was sick. Again. At 4, she climbed in bed with me and finally about 5, she went from getting up every ten to fifteen minutes to every 30 or 45. We both pulled off about 30 minutes of sleep before the alarm went off just after 6. Talk about tired. I shouldn't have to say she stayed home today, running to the bathroom off and on most of the day. I got about an hour sleep on the couch while she grabbed about a half hour. So far she has held down her supper, but is still complaining about a pretty nasty stomach ache. One good thing about the whole situation is that she is not running a fever so I do think it is just a simple stomach virus. Unfortunately, she will be missing her field trip tomorrow to stay home with me and make the drive to get Hubby.

I am exhausted. And emotional. And too exhausted to sleep at this point. I have been job hunting, seriously job hunting the last few weeks and it is so disappointing to not even receive a phone call to come in for an interview before deciding I'm not the person for their company. I have friends putting out feelers for me, friends letting me know about jobs at this place or that place only for me to submit a resume and then not hear anything. Tell me something! Is a former employer giving me a bad reference? Do you not like what's on my resume? Have I been out of work too long? Talk to me first. Find out why I've been out of the workforce the last two years before making a judgement call.

Now that I've done my griping for tonight, I'm going to attempt sleep since it's already after 10. Then maybe things will be a little clearer tomorrow.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So nice to meet you and find your blog.

I am still so new to the land of blog, but so loving reading others stories.

Everyone has a story and so many of them are so touching....
Hope you will stop by for a visit.
The May give-away has started and this month there will be 10 winners. I will be blogging from Disney World soon...