Friday, December 28, 2007

An Extra Person

Darling Hubby has been home for the last week. Actually, as of tomorrow morning, he will have been home one solid week and doesn't have to leave again until Wednesday. It has kept us busy. We seem to run more when he's home. There's more things that need to be done, places that we need to go. Of course, there is extra laundry and dishes, and with us on the go, I never seem to catch up. I'm trying to stay afloat with the housework and spend time with him and he's trying to spend time with us while working on his "honey-do" list. He's replaced an electric outlet in "K"'s room that would no longer hold a cord. He put the kids to bed last night (without giving them the option of me to do it instead), put the dogs out one last time before bed, checked the doors, turned out the lights so that I could just go to bed. No last minute responsibility, just go. He's gone on a job quest for a local job and had his glasses prescription updated. Tomorrow, he cleans out his truck so that it's ready to leave again while I play catch up on the housework. I'll try to finish the laundry, wash the dishes and maybe get the tree down. If I'm really lucky, I'll get him up in the attic to put a few things away. It's crazy when he's here, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: