Monday, December 3, 2007

You Know Those Days..

When all you want to do is climb back into bed, regardless of reason? Today was so one of those days. I didn't get to bed last night until after midnight. Then my dog, Sophie, spent a big part of the night being unhappy in her bed. So she kept me up. Until after 1:30. Then woke me at 3. And at 5. Of course, going right back to sleep wasn't an option so I didn't get a whole lot of sleep before the alarm went off at 6. I got the kids up, put them on the bus, showered, and drove DH to his truck so that he could leave today for his weekly run. I came home, checked my email and laid down on the couch about 8:30. Finally I slept. I slept for over 3 hours! Almost four actually, so can you imagine what it's going to be like tonight when I try to go to bed? Yeah, uh-huh, that's what I thought too, another sleepless night.

A little bit ago, I decided that I was going to run some rope lights up along the side of the driveway. These are the same rope lights that we usually hang on our house, but since I had to throw out the icicle lights we hang up there too, I figured why bother going through the trouble of hanging the rope lights this year. Then I walked outside, looked at the length of the driveway and the length of the house and came back in. There is not going to be near enough lights to do what I wanted so I didn't even start.

I put on a coat that I had forgotten DH had wore this weekend. A coat that I had just washed last week because it was ready for a wash. A coat that is his, so it shouldn't have surprised me that he had worn it (especially since I saw him in it), but I went to zip it up, and happened to take a deep breath. I could smell him. To make sure I wasn't losing my mind, I lifted the collar and breathed in deep. Yep, it's his cologne all over it. It makes me realize how much I miss him already and that the short 26 hours he was home was no where near long enough. Then I hurt more because our anniversary is Friday and he's going to miss it. Again. I know that supporting our family is much more important than a day on a calendar but it would've been nice for the year that it fell on a Friday, that he could've been home for us to enjoy a night out together, since those nights are few and far between.

Now I hear the call of the laundry on the couch, waiting to be folded and put away, the floors that need to be mopped and those that need to be vacuumed, and the rush of my hormones raging. It's best that he's going to be away.

1 comment:

Ladybird said...

When you are done with your house, I have some moping and laundry that needs to be done. I will spray some perfume on a shirt, so you can think of me while you clean.