Monday, December 10, 2007

Only Us

I am a sucker for sappy, love stories. Ever After, Sleepless in Seattle, The Lake House are all a part of my DVD collection. A couple of weeks ago, Hubby and I were shopping at Circuit City and found You've Got Mail for $7. I bought it, seeing how you can't turn down a sappy love story at just $7. Since basketball season and the holidays are here, I haven't had a spare moment to even remove the plastic cover on the box, much less actually watch the movie, so it has sat on my desk. Until yesterday. Hubby picked it up yesterday and put it in the player for us to watch. Actually he watched, I listened as I helped two kids with science fair projects but that's a whole other blog. I love the dialog of this movie, the way they use their words just so to explain what they feel and are thinking. I only wish I could be that articulate. We reached the point of Tom Hanks saying he would give Meg Ryan a "bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils" in the fall, because to him fall and freshly sharpened pencils go together. So I asked Hubby "Would you give me a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils in the fall?" He looked at me.

"I would give you a bouquet of mechanical pencils."

"Would they be the cool ones with skulls on them and stuff like that?"

"Yeah."

"Ok."

I guess romance is unique for all.

1 comment:

Ladybird said...

My favorite line is...

"Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway, and today, I saw one. It got on at 42nd, and off at 59th, where, I assume it was going to Bloomingdales to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake - as almost all hats are."

I couldn't agree more! I have watched the movie countless times. I know all the words and ALL the songs. I especially love watching it around Christmas time, because I can sing the Clarinet song!