Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Ideas that Crashed

So my solution didn't work. Actually it wasn't the solution that was the problem. It was the problem that was the problem. I put a small pillow down in front of my door last night, a bed for Callie, and a way to block her from reaching under the door. Zeus got up anyway at 3am. So I tried to stop any late night, hallway meowing by leaving a gap in my door so he could get back in. I knew better. Callie spent the next ten minutes trying to lay down on the pillows at my head so she went back out in the hall and I shut the door. Zeus hollers a few minutes later and thought he was going to make it outside. I decided against it, put him back on my bed and went back to bed. But I didn't sleep. I swear they have a conspiracy out against me.

I realized this weekend how lacking my "Books I've Read" list is. Belle came in with an abridged version of Great Expectations, a book I've never read but have intended to. She finished it last night and mentioned how much she liked it so I guess I'll be making a trip to the library in the near future to borrow a few things. If I can ever mark a few things off my to-do-list.

In a moment of quiet this morning, the alarm went off and a short time later, Belle came in. And climbed into my bed. Then Brady came in and climbed in on the other side of the bed. Then they both started to giggle since neither one of them could be still and Callie kept pouncing their feet. It was a rare moment that is few and far between. No arguing. Just pure laughter. Then they almost missed the bus.

Now I'm off to accomplish some housework. Or look like it.

No comments: