Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Look

With the new year I had to have a new design. This will not be the last design because I love to create something new and different. Different colors, different shapes, different titles...the possibilities are endless. Do I add pictures of the kids? Do I make themes for the seasons? Let me know what you think of the new look and if I should change anything.

I've also been thinking about what to do about the kids names (Hubby dreads it when I start thinking about things.) The more I use " " the more I hate it. So I think I'm just going to give them different alias's altogether. Oldest son will now be referred to as Bryce, Daughter will be Belle, and Youngest son will be Brady. I think that way they can be perceived as a real person and not a letter.

We did not do any of the traditional New Years traditions. We didn't cook anything that supposed to bring good luck or prosperity, mainly because not one person in this house will eat it. Hubby will eat turnip greens, Belle and I eat black-eyed peas, and the only way everyone will eat cabbage is in cole slaw. Hubby and I will eat fried cabbage, but honestly that's a pain to make and as for hog jowl, what's that? I may be borderline southern but I'm not that southern. We had our own fun. We introduced the kids to the Karate Kid movies. They only saw the first two but that was more than enough. We picked up a new Life game and spent this evening having family game time and then had taco's for supper. School starts tomorrow so that meant for an early bedtime.

Also, Belle decided a couple of weeks ago that she wanted to rearrange her room. She couldn't wait for Hubby and me to get to it, so she started moving things herself and I helped finish it up. So her new year started out with a "new" room. I took that and ran with it today when I talked Hubby into moving the boys bunk beds to a different wall. They are starting with a "new" room this year.

Hopefully, by the end of the week, I will have straightened up the house. By straightened I mean uncluttered. I have hit the point that I'm tired of the clutter and the mess. I worked a bit today on my laundry room and hope to finish it by tomorrow afternoon.

Did y'all do anything special today? Any yearly traditions you follow through with? I'd love to hear from ya!

No comments: