Friday, December 12, 2008

Kindness

I had to make a run to Wal-Mart tonight and pick up a few things that I had forgotten to get today. While I was there, I let Brady and Belle pick out their gifts for their classroom exchange and I thought Brady was never going to make a decision. I can't tell you how many times I told the kids to "come on, please" and "no, you can't have that." I was almost ready to leave, tired and frustrated, when the corner of my buggy bumped a cardboard box on an end cap, sending many boxes careening into the aisle. I felt like all the pieces in my life was crumbling with them. There were a couple of young girls, maybe 20, walking toward me that witnessed the many boxes fall. I was stunned when they stopped, helped me pick the boxes up and place them back on the end cap. One act of kindness in a fast-paced busy holiday season gave me a little bit of hope. Hope that tomorrow will be better.

3 comments:

Ladybird said...

That was too sweet!

I had to take EC to my doctor's appointment last week and one of the nurses volunteered to pack his diaper bag for me. Such a small thing to her.....but HUGE to me.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like my life!!!

anjwatts said...

That sounds like one of my days!