Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Running Around in Circles

You know those days when you have so much to do and so much you want to do that you jump from project to project, never actually completing anything?

I'm so there.

It is Tuesday and Sunday's paper is sitting on the couch waiting for me to take the time and read it. I have been working on getting the tree up so that the kids can hang the ornaments on it. When I went to bed last night, I still liked one string of lights and the garland. I just finished it a little bit ago so maybe the ornaments will go up tonight. I hope. Yesterday, I went up in the attic to get the boxes I needed to decorate only to forget one major box that was up there. So I must go back up in the attic when the kids get home. I can't put the boxes away that I have out until the tree is decorated so they are sitting in the middle of the floor, all up in the way. My living room no longer has room for my rocking chair until after Christmas, so I have been walking around it in the kitchen trying to find the opportunity to take it to my bedroom and then never taking it. I have cookie dough in the fridge waiting for me to roll it out, cut it and bake it. The oven is preheating so maybe it will be done shortly. Keep in mind that I brewed some tea earlier (I ran out of Sundrop *gasp*) only to walk into the kitchen three times to mix it and walk out forgetting to do it. It did finally get mixed. The fourth time I walked in the kitchen. I still need to finish sewing some odd projects that are sitting around the house.

But I have accomplished. A little. I'm blogging!! That's important!! My first batch of cookies are cooling on the table and the second are in the oven cooling. I have updated my myspace account with new graphics and music list (and we all know how important that is). The beds have been made the last two days. My laundry is caught up, my dishes washed and the bedrooms are still clean. Bryce's science project needs to be printed and taped to his board but almost complete. Brady's project has been done but we need to sit down and work on the information so he can type it out. Belle's project hasn't been started yet. Oh and I have an extra hour to myself this afternoon! The kids each have practices after school so I will be picking them up at 4ish. A whole extra hour so that I can walk around in circles starting project after project.

Oh and the rocking chair? Just made it to my room. One less thing!

No comments: