Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24195650

It's not often that we have earthquakes in this area. Even though we were roughly 150 miles from the epicenter, we still felt the quake here at my home. Something stirred me just before it hit and at first I thought someone was in my home when I heard something fall. I could hear the rumbling and then noticed my bed was shaking. I immediately thought that the cat was shaking the bed because he sleeps at my feet, but after realizing that he was just as stunned as I was, I figured it out. It woke Bryce, who sleeps in the top bunk, but Brady and Belle slept through it. It has been the thing to talk about and top news story. I honestly can't remember the last time I felt an earthquake. The last few we had were so small that I had no idea that it happened. I only hope that's the last one for quite some time.

No comments: