Thursday, March 26, 2009

Excuses

I have a good one, I swear! Tuesday morning, I was minding my own business, watching Brothers and Sisters on abc's website when my internet connection decided it didn't want to be connected any more. It then proceeded to mock me every time I walked by and checked it. That little flashing red light would literally laugh maniacally at me for even thinking about looking at it. Ok, maybe I just heard it laughing at me.

Anyhoo, I called my ISP on Wednesday and left a message with tech support. According to their message, they will get back to me "at their earliest convenience". I still haven't heard anything from them, although I did ask Hubby what he thought they would say if I offered to pay them at my earliest convenience. I have been going absolutely crazy. Part of me even considered stopping by Backyard Burgers and buying a burger just so that I could partake in their new offer of free Wi-Fi. Instead I mentioned my plight to my darling neighbor who recently hooked up with AT&T internet. Internet that allows her to connect four computers at a time. Internet that she was willing to share with me so that I could feed my addiction while the kids are sleeping soundly in their beds. Wasn't that so nice of her?

So here I am, checking in from the backseat of my van (where the laptop is currently plugged and charging), hijacking my neighbors signal. I have no shame. I'm alive and kicking but truly bored here at home. Unless I receive a call back first thing in the morning, you can bet I'll be calling and leaving yet another message for tech support tomorrow. Or I may have Hubby do it. You know that "man get a better, faster response" thing. So until next time, I'll be pulling my hair out.

2 comments:

janjanmom said...

Hurry back!! I miss you.

Jennifer said...

Oh man, life without internet is not worth living!! I feel your pain sistah!!!